Valgus deformation of foot - a dangerous disease, expressed as a distortion metatarsophalangeal joint: the thumb of the patient significantly deviates in the direction of, which leads to gait disturbance, headache, and other unpleasant consequences.
Women are more prone to вальгусной deformation or the emergence of the so-called "pits" on the legs. Justified it is more than weak ligamentous apparatus, in addition, they like to wear shoes too high heel, which at times increases the risk of early progression of the disorder process.
If you want to better understand how to heal and correct the valgus деформирование feet, marked reasons, in particular the progress of the disease and we present recommendations for the selection of therapy for patients with this diagnosis.
Treatment of valgus curvature of the foot is chosen by the doctor individually: distinguish the main cause, запущенность of the disease, the degree of deformation and the presence of associated symptoms.
The traditional therapy course includes:
- Therapeutic massage, is a treatment without operation. It is particularly effective for small children, the foot, which is easier to "align" with the help of special massaging movements.
- Performing the exercise. A course of physical therapy will give effect in the early stages of the disease. To practice such exercises the patient is able to at home.
- Treatment of folk ways. Such tools are not able to completely get rid of the person from the problem, however, when reasonable подобранном course of therapy people's recipes will be effective for the removal of inflammation, swelling and pain.
- Correction laser it is practiced in more advanced cases with considerable disorders of the functions of the ligamentous apparatus.
- By double-clicking and kinesiotherapy in valgus distortion is performed for the alignment of the deformed sections of the bone.
How to develop legs in their distortion? Not in all cases, you can perform the massage and exercise therapy. Decide how to treat and restore the deformed station, the prescriber should, because самолечение can only worsen the patient's condition.
Valgus foot deformity in children and adults may occur from various reasons:
- Flat feet. It is observed in more than half of all patients with деформацией feet. Most often it is diagnosed cross flat feet, which quickly leads to the disruption of the function of the ligaments and move bones.
- Progressive osteoporosis. The disease causes leaching of calcium from bone tissue, which leads to a change in their structure, so that the legs more easily succumb to искривлению.
- Overweight. On the legs turned out to be a very large daily load (especially when running). The patient gradually develops flat feet, and the after - deformation.
- Genetic predisposition. It is expressed in a weakened ligamentous apparatus of the human. In this condition there is a risk of developing curvature of the legs - quite high.
- Previously delegated to the trauma that disrupted the work of the muscles and ligaments. Dangerous are considered to be fractures of the bones, because in poor coalescence already in a few months in the pits of the patient may have a significant twist.
- A heavy degree of endocrinological disorders. In this state are observed sharp races of a hormonal background: during pregnancy and климакса in women, in прогрессировании difficult endocrine diseases (diabetes).
- The use of poorly designed footwear. Especially dangerous narrow high-heeled shoes, because it unevenly distributes the load on the soles of the feet, because of which the whole weight rests on the knuckle of the thumb, which leads to its deformation.
- An acute shortage of useful trace elements, of which the muscles, ligaments and the bone tissue does not receive enough "fuel". It leads to their weakening, supports the development of the curvature.
Neuromuscular disease, that the risk of developing curvature of the legs:
- down's syndrome;
- stty form of arthritis and its varieties (rheumatoid arthritis, etc.);
At an increased risk - people who regularly have to foot a large physical burden (dancers, models, athletes etc.). The number of diagnosed voltage sharply increases in elderly people.
When a suspected pathological curvature of the legs of the person needs to first visit a doctor. Deals with the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the orthopedist and traumatologist. In more advanced cases, the patient may need the advice of a physician and endocrinologist.
Shoes in the deformation of the foot
For the correction of the forefoot when its distortion is recommended to use special ортопедическую shoes for children and adults and insole. Their advantages:
- The uniform distribution provided by the load.
- The removal of leg fatigue.
- The improvement of blood circulation.
- Determination of the thumb in the correct position (in particular, to effectively use a special orthopedic фиксаторы - tires and tire).
What kind of shoes you need in the distortion of the legs? The properties of the correct selection of shoes:
- Shoes should be the exact size, in any case not сдавливать man deformed joint of the thumb.
- Heel on a shoe for everyday use, must not be more than 3 cm for women and 2 cm for men.
- Orthopedic shoes should be made of quality materials. It is desirable to make it of the skin. When expressed by the distortion the patient's feet can be difficult to pick up the shoes in the stores. Experts advise to do it at the orthopedic surgeon according to the individual standards.
- Shoes should have a wide comfortable heel and solid back panels, which will be well fixed heel.
If a person is overweight or suffers from a pronounced flat feet, the shoes definitely need to invest in orthopedic insoles. It should also be divided individually.
Wear these elements need to be every day. Just so it is possible to achieve an improvement, to evenly distribute provided on the legs of the load.
The hallmark of the disease - the pathological deviations of the thumb. In the transition of the disease in advanced forms of the course of deformation is able to hit and the other fingers of the foot.
- Education "blister" on the leg in the area of phalanx joint of the big toe. During the walk to this training will be to interfere with man. Gradually it will отечным, red. At the slightest touch on the bones of a person begins to experience severe pain, burning.
- Increase in body temperature to more advanced stages of the disease, when the deformation provokes an inflammatory process.
- Education cornflowers.
- Frequent leg fatigue.
- Swelling of the feet and lower limbs.
- A manifestation of varicose veins.
- Growing nails.
The disease develops gradually. First, patients suffer from problems with the selection of shoes in his feet appear the first feelings of pain. If treatment is not started, the disease begins to progress further, threatening dangerous complications:
- the development of остеомиелита;
- the progression of chronic forms of bursitis, which often receives festering course;
- занесением infection in the deformed area;
- significant искривлением, which greatly hampers movement.
Detection of the disease
For the determination of an accurate diagnosis of the patient's need to undergo the following diagnostic procedures:
- Radiography. The doctor may prescribe a transposition of images in three different planes, to examine in detail the building, the degree of curvature.
- ULTRASOUND examination-the diagnosis is assigned when the expressed defeat of the soft tissues.
- Computer podometry. Allows you to assess the changes on the stages, when the disease is not yet provokes the expressed symptoms.
- CT. It is prescribed for the differentiation of the deformation of the feet from other possible diseases.
The doctor should perform the examination of the patient. His stage:
- Пальпация for determining the degree of curvature, edema, покраснений.
- Identification of the position of the thumb against other fingers of the feet.
- Observation of human walking, to determine the degree of his lameness.
For the compilation of the overall clinical picture orthopedist расспрашивает the patient about the symptoms, the presence of chronic diseases, previously delegated accidents.
Valgus deformation of the big toe feet
It is much easier to prevent a mark all-valgus deformation, than then to perform her therapy exercises and other methods. Prevention includes compliance with these recommendations of the experts:
- Give up excessive physical exertion on the feet.
- Control your weight, avoid obesity, when weight will have musculoskeletal the musculoskeletal system of the person an additional burden.
- Children who from birth has been detected deformation of the feet, it is necessary to constantly wear orthopedic insoles and, if necessary, use special correctors (фиксаторы) 1-thumb.
- Women it is advisable to refrain from the use of uncomfortable shoes on very high heels. For everyday use they are suitable shoes on the high platform or orthopedic shoes with качественней soles.
- It is important to timely detect and treat any hormonal abnormalities in the body.
- Engage профилактическими sports (running, swimming, gymnastics).It is useful to perform daily morning exercises - how children, and adults.
- Enrich your diet with useful substances for strengthening bones and ligaments.
- Very useful often walk around at home barefoot. Ban on the move in the носочках kids also worth it.
- When a permanent job is necessary to make frequent breaks for rest.
A Valgus deformity and other acquired curvature of the legs classification ICB 10 have room М21.
When expressed inflammatory / process, strong pain patients assigned to medical therapy:
- The NSA shall be appointed for the relief of pain, inflammation. These drugs can be in the form of ointments, gels or tablets (Ibuprofen, Diclofenac).
- Antipyretics are at a high temperature (Paracetamol).
- Analgesics are used for headaches (Ibuprofen, no-spa).
- During exacerbation of the disease may set apart intraarticular injection preparations (Hydrocortisone, Diprospan, etc.).
For quick cupping pain it is possible to use cold compresses.